Tips to Protect Your Information from Getting Into the Wrong Hands
We are all spending a lot more time at home, even working from home. Never before have we bcome more away of the threat of our personal information getting into the wrong hands. With so much more activity and purchases happening online, hacking and the work of cyber-criminals is at an all time high. So what do we need to do, as individuals, to protect ourselves?
Economical Insurance shares some insights with Cyber-Security Tips To Protect Yourself at Home:
- Protect Yourself from Phishing Scams; and
- How to Protect Yourself from other potential cyber-security threats.
Ways to Protect Yourself from Phishing Scams
- When receiving emails or texts, be sure you know the sender before opening any links or attachments;
- Make sure any link or attachment is relevent to the email content or sender;
- If you weren’t expecting an attachment, check with the sender first before opening it to be sure it is real;
- Check for typo’s in the email, or senders email address, it may be disguised to be someone other than who you think it is from;
- Use trusted anti-virus or anti-malware software;
Learn more from Get Cyber Safe, Government of Canada, about the signs of phishing scams to be certain you are protecting yourself.
Protect Yourself Against Other Potential Cyber Threats
Whether you are working from home, or just using the internet and wi-fi for personal use at home. You need to make yourself aware of how to best protect yourself against identify theft and other potential cyber threats. You can read more here, with Economical Insurance.
Stay safe. Stay well. Stay in touch. We are here to help you, don’t hesitate to reach out to us to discuss any concerns you have.